Wow, I sort of took a realllllly long hiatus from this blog. I can't promise I'll be faithful at it now, but I have some excellent material that I need to share. First off is a short good book I read called Riding Freedom by Pam Munoz Ryan. It's a historical fiction about the Charlotte Parkhurst - the first known woman to vote in the US. She lived as a man from the time she was about 12, so her story is interesting, and the book is only about 100 pages.Second
Last, but definitely not least, my new favorite book.
My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison (whom I believe is LDS) was honestly the best book I have read since Twilight, and not because it mentions Edward (although it does once!). I probably just ruined it for the rest of you, but I absolutely loved this book and am going to have to purchase it. That is really saying something for me since it's not a picture book! The main character, Savannah, meets her "fair "godmother who didn't get very good grades in godmother training school, so she's just a fair godmother, not good or great. She makes some mistakes, like sending Savannah to the Middle Ages 3 times and misinterpreting her wishes, etc. causing Savannah much more trouble. It was clever and funny and so entertaining that I stayed up until 1 am reading because I couldn't put it down. Seriously, go read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment