Wednesday, February 17, 2010






















I have found my new favorite book series! The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare is an exciting series! I could never remember the order they went in, so here is how I remember them. The book names are the City of Bones, City of Ashes, & City of Glass. If you take the first letter of the last word of the title, it spells BAG. There you go. I remember the order of things if I have an acronym or something like that to remember it by. Yes, I dare to say, I love these books more than Twilight (don't get me wrong, I still love Edward & am loyal to him!)& here are a few reasons why:


They are about a girl named Clary (Clarissa). She starts out going to a club with her best friend, Simon. Clary can see a boy with blue hair and a few other people with faded markings, like tatoos, that Simon can't see. Clary goes to investigate. The next day, Clary's mom says that they are going to visit the country for a few months, Clary gets upset & goes to another club with Simon, where her mom calls her & tells her not to come home. So, what does Clary do. You guessed it. But she meets this gorgeous blonde guy named Jace, who I absolutely love, but sometimes he is a knucklehead. Jace is a shadowhunter, he fights demons of all kinds, as well as vampires, fairies, & werewolves that break the rules. With Jace, Alec, Simon, Isabelle, & Mangus, a warlock, she finds things out about her mother & a different life she lived that she never told Clary about. Clary finds things out about herself in the process.
The writing is so wonderful! It is a higher level than Twilight, but not too high that you have to read it a few times to understand what is going on. The places that Cassandra Clare describes are amazing! The books get much better as they go on.
I read all 3 books in 2 weeks, they are so good I had a hard time putting them down! These are books that I would definately recommend buying, maybe even in hardback. (Amazon has them for fairly inexpensive, about half price.)Plus it helped that I read part of City of Bones on the plane ride home from visiting my sister,Devony, in Denver a few weeks ago!
The next book, City of Fallen Angels, comes out March 2011, but there is a prequel, The Clockwork Angel, that comes out September of this year. Here is the website for the series: http://www.mortalinstruments.com/mortalseries.html

3 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

I am so glad to hear your rave reviews. I ordered these books (#1-3 hardback box set on Amazon for $31 shipped) and they should arrive at my house any day now.

Sarah Schwartz said...

I just finished book #1 (in under 24 hours) and it was EVERYTHING I was hoping for. I can't wait to see what happens next

Sarah Schwartz said...

So It's me commenting, again. Just finished the 3rd book and WOW! They were great. Definitely on my top ten list.