Thursday, March 01, 2007

Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover... or Title

Ok, don't judge me right away. I promise I don't read smutty books! This book is about a 14 year old British girl named Georgia. The book is her journal and she writes everything in it.

Here is my caution - DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE IMPRESSIONABLE OR ARE NOT SECURE IN YOUR VALUES! Please also do not recommend this book to someone you know like that. It is technically a YA Fiction book because the character is 14, but it is not appropriate for young readers.

Georgia is going through lots of things, including puberty, liking boys, and trying to figure out things like kissing. She chronicles her experiences in here (including taking kissing lessons - highly unacceptable for any of you young people out there - from a neighborhood boy).

The book is hilarious if you are looking back on your own experiences from a more mature standpoint and remembering what it was like to feel that way.

She has great British slang words that you'll find yourself using in your conversations and is such a drama queen that it's hilarious and will remind you of the teenage girls you know. :) There is some minor language in it, so know that before you pick it up.

Another warning - there are many books in the series. Although the first was pretty clean (if memory serves), the second started getting a little more crude, so I stopped there. Let me know if anyone chooses to pick this one up!

Title: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
Author: Louise Rennison
Type: YA Fiction
Plot: See Above

3 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

I think you are trying to divulge my childhood secrets, Dev!

Devony said...

ha ha! Actually I think you just divulged them! You'll laugh so hard in this book Jess. You really must read it!

Katie said...

I read this in about 2 hours and it WAS HILARIOUS!! Granted, there were a few things in there that were a little too much, but she is 14 yrs. old and learning a whole heap of things. VERY FUNNY!