Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Half Magic

I saw this book in the May book orders with the following synopsis: “A magical coin grants four cousins half wishes! Funny story!” It looked hilarious and sort of like something I would have read as a kid (sort of a cross between E. Nesbit and Roald Dahl), so I got it from the library. It was a quick read and very much what I expected. Four siblings (not cousins – oops for Scholastic) find a magic charm and when they make wishes, half of the wish comes true. It was funny and easy to read. It was one that you would read for the sheer pleasure of reading, not to learn anything (other than how to wish correctly if you had such a charm). It really took me back to books I read as a kid, so that was also fun. I would recommend this one for anyone who wants a fun quick read that doesn’t require any emotional involvement.

Title: Half Magic
Author: Edward Eager
Type: Child Fiction chapter book

No comments: